So I apologize for the scattered thoughts but here goes:
Today you wore shoes... nothing too different about it for most babies.. but for some reason, (maybe its because you have mostly worn socks) when I put on the sneakers on your feet, you grew up into a little boy!! I did cry.. but it's because I started to really think of how far we have come in the past 10& 1/2 months! You have such a great and funny personality and I love you so much.
You started throwing the tennis ball for maverick to catch yesterday, and your dad and I just watched in awe of your development. Tonight you played with Daddy.
Last night you helped Daddy back the truck up into the driveway.... again.. you looked like a little man.
You have three teeth coming in right now... they started about 2 weeks ago. Your top two and then one more on the bottom to the right of your two that are already there.
You stll assume that everything you touch must first go through the mouth and chew test.. I am ready for the next phase when it comes to that... mainly because I am not sure how much more dirt and grass you can ingest before I am reported (;-))
Your language skills are growing, and we are trying our best to communicate through sign language, Portuguese, and English around here (Just to make things a little bit crazier). You still love your puppy dog maverick, and as we have now moved into the new house, you have found a new interest in curtains. You seem to have a fascination with the curtains that were already here with the house. There are also a lot more windows that are at your height and you are LOVING that a lot!
Lately, I have had some realizations that I don't really like... for one.... Your Daddy and I now have to be real "parents" eeeek!! For example.. you are now almost 11 months.. and the days where we could laugh off all of the little petty things you did, are seemingly behind us..... Gone are the days where we could let you throw cups, bang on tables, open cabinets, scream your pretty little head off ***{because you have now officially found the entirety of your voice}***** We now must find a way to reprimand certain things to make sure we mold you into a cool and fun little dude that we all will want to hang out with. (This realization has been really tough as a mom, because it seems like all the *fun* is slowly being taken away... and before as an Aunt, that was a lot of the time spent with the nieces and nephews... but with it's your own child... you now have a new hat that must be kept on...much much much more stressful... oh and not to mention you have this deep thought that wherever you go... someone is judging your actions and how you are bringing up your child...*real moment*).
Here are some big moments from the past month:
First mother's day:








No comments:
Post a Comment