I have been sick for a few days now... well actually today it marks the 8th day to be exact...
No worries.. I took the flu shot (which was my first time to ever do so...) and I have not had the flu.... but of course Bronchitis kicked in this weekend.
I finally got myself to the Drs and now am on antibiotics! YAY!
On a GOOD note- I had a craving for soup the other day. Little did I know.. i could make a delicious concoction of goodies that I call Minestrone! (those of you who follow recipes to a T.. you may hate me, because it was a lot of guessing.....
Here goes:
I started with boiling chicken broth (about 3/4 of that big box of broth you can buy) And about 3 cups of water in there as well
I added wheat shelled pasta just like I would make any pasta
On the side I pulled out some really soft tomatoes and peeled them and chopped them
I also sliced a half of a yellow onion
In a frying pan I doused a little EEOV and garlic salt and let it heat
after a little bit I added in the onions and tomatoes.
I put a little bit of basil and chives in there as well and let it all heat together to make a soupy substance
In my soup pot I had the pasta boiling still, and added a can of chickpeas
I also added a little bit of EEOV into that pot as well
I had some left over chicken breast and sliced grilled mushroom that I had made a few nights prior that I added to the mix in the frying pan. Since the chicken was already cooked and seasoned I did not want to add any more seasoning.
I then combined the chicken, tomato mix in with the pasta and chickpeas
I added about a tablespoon of white flour to the soup and broke up the clumps with a fork to make sure it thickened the soup.
After all ingredients were in one pot, I brought it down to a simmer.
After about 30 minutes of simmering... Darrell and I toasted a piece of bread with a pinch of weight watchers shredded cheese.... and Voila! A delicious Minestrone soup!
By the way, D was really worried about the chickpeas, but since I had it in the big pot with the high heat along with the pasta, it had time to really soften up and made the soup!
Bom Apetite! <-- and that's Portuguese for all you gringas ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment